Friday, January 27, 2012

German Stug III


 Here's a dusty older tank I made a couple years back. It's a German Stug III Ausf F by Dragon (a Japanese company that makes model kits). The tanks full name is Sturmgeschütz, which means Assault Gun in German. At first it was just an infantry support tank but later in the war it was modified to be a tank destroyer. It had a very low profile to it, which meant it could be easily placed in an ambush position, unlike other tanks which could be very tall and left an obvious silhouette.





 This is actually one of the first models I took seriously when I was building it, you should see some of my first models, they were horrible. I think I still have two planes left (f-4 phantom and I think a p-40), I'll see if I can dig em out and get some pictures.

  I tried to get most of the dust an pet fur off but didn't want to risk breaking something. I'm already missing the periscope that's supposed to be in that slot on the top. Also, the pictures are kind of large, 1469x1102. And that's cut in half from the originals.










2 comments:

dopdavid said...

its a pretty boss tank, i like it

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see you make Katjusha artillery truck.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons