Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hellcat tank crew

 In between playing video games, guitar and working, I have been able to make some headway on the Hellcat diorama. My painting's not so great, really haven't painted in depth in a long time. I tried to get the drivers face a dusty look, came out looking like someone hit him in the face with powder.







 This was brutal. I kept having to reposition arms, break some stuff off to get everything to fit, position the crew just right... You can see in the fourth picture that I had to trim off the tip of the commanders shoe so he can fit and have the "correct" looking posture, otherwise, he looked like he was just floating in the cuppola. Not to mention finding a spot where that machine gun fits . And then trying to get the shell loader position correctly...drove me INSANE! Those aren't even his original arms/hands. I took pieces from other soldiers and glued them on him, I was bent on having him loading a shell in the breech. I hope it adds motion and character to the overall scene.

 I've started painting the tank and I'm pretty satisfied with it. The term "you are your worst critic" is really strong with me, I usually feel my work isn't good enough no matter what I do. But that will only drag you down in the end, you'll have something that looks great but you make it worse by adding a little more, then a little more, then a little more.

 Tank pictures coming soon.

1 comments:

Douglas said...

Looking good. It looks tricky, getting all those little parts in place.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons